- You should take off everything except your underwear to get an accurate measurement.
- Wear no shoes when measuring.
- No need to find a seamstress, because our measuring guide is very easy to follow. Plus, seamstresses usually take the measurements without referring to our guide, which might result in a poor fit.
- Please measure everything 2-3 times to be certain.
Back Shoulder Width
This is the distance from the edge of the left shoulder across to the prominent neck bone located at the center of the back of the neck continuing to the edge of the right shoulder.
Place the tape on “top” of the shoulders. Measure from the edge of the left shoulder across to the prominent neck bone located at the center of the back of the neck continuing to the edge of the right shoulder.
This is a measurement of the fullest part of your bust or body circumference at the bust. It is a body measurement which measures the circumference of a woman’s torso at the level of the breasts.
Wrap the tape around the fullest part of your bust and center the tape on your back so it’s levelled all the way around.
- This isn’t your bra size!
- Your arms should be relaxed, and down at your sides.
- Wear the bra you’re planning to wear with your dress when taking this.
This is a measurement of the circumference of your ribcage just below where your breasts end.
Wrap the tape around your ribcage right below your bust. Make sure the tape is levelled all the way around.
- When taking this measurement, your arms should be relaxed and down at your sides.
Mid-Shoulder to Bust Point
This is the measurement from your mid-shoulder where your bra strap naturally sit down to your bust point (nipple). Please wear your bras when taking this measurement.
With shoulders and arms relaxed, measure from mid-shoulder point down to the nipple. Please wear your bras when taking this measurement.
- Measure with shoulder and neck relaxed.
- Please wear your bras when taking this measurement.
This is a measurement of your natural waistline, or the smallest part of your waist.
Run tape around natural waistline, keeping tape parallel with floor. Bend to one side to find natural indentation in torso. This is your natural waist.
This is a measurement around fullest part of your buttocks.
Wrap tape around the fullest part of your hips, which is usually 7-9″ below your natural waistline. Keep tape parallel with floor all the way around.
Stand straight with bare feet together. Measure from the top of head straight down to the floor.
Hollow to Hem
This is the distance from your hollow to the hem of the dress.
Long Dress Hollow to Hem（front hem) = Hollow to Floor + Shoes Height
Hold the measuring tape at your hollow while a friend pulls it down to the length you want your dress.
- When taking this measurement, stand straight with your feet together without wearing shoes.
- We define knee length as the area just below your knee caps. Measuring too high may result in a dress that is too short.
This is the hight of the shoes you are going to wear with this dress.
This is a measurement around the fullest part of your upper arm.
- Measure with the muscle relaxed.
This is the measurement of your armhole.
In order to take your armscye measurement, you must wrap the measuring tape over the top of your shoulder and around under your armpit.
This is the measurement from your shoulder seam to where you would like your sleeve to end.
Measure from your shoulder seam to desired sleeve length with your arm relaxed by your side to get the best possible measurement.
- Measure with your arm slightly bent.
This is a measurement around the fullest part of your wrist.